Discovery Schools Admissions Overview
All Jefferson Parish residents are eligible to apply. New student applications will be accepted each year during the application period. Discovery is an open-enrollment school and does not test students to gain admission.
2020-2021 Application Period
Application period for the 2020-2021 school year begins November 1, 2019 and ends February 14, 2020 at 10 am.
We currently do not offer Pre-K and Pre-K will not be available in the 2020-21 school year.
- Kenner Discovery Health Sciences Academy will accept applications for students entering K-12.
- Dr. John Ochsner Discovery Health Sciences Academy will accept applications for students entering K-4.
We suggest gathering the following documents before you start your online application.
Tips for attaching documents to your child's application:
If you do not have access to a scanner to scan documents, you can use your smartphone or tablet.
- Place the document on a solid background for good contrast
- Find good lighting, avoid shadows across the document
- Hold your smartphone or tablet flat, keep it as square to the document as possible
- Make sure the image is not blurry and the information is legible
If you are completing the application from your mobile phone, you can attach the document directly from your phone. If you are using a desktop you will need to email the images of your documents to your personal email account. Then save them to the desktop computer you are using to submit your application.
|Required Student Documents||Requested Student Documents|
For more details regarding each school's admissions process.Dr. John Ochsner Discovery Admissions Process
If you have any questions, please contact the admissions team.
Discovery Schools is an equal opportunity educational provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, and/or age in educational programs or activities that it operates.