LA 4 EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAM
There is also an opportunity for economically disadvantaged families to apply to the LA 4 Program. The application process and LA 4 lottery are administered entirely under the direction and control of the Jefferson Parish Public School System (JPPSS).
Discovery has been advised that we have been selected as a LA 4 Program Partner for the 2021-22 school year and will host 2 LA 4 classes: 1 at Dr. John Ochsner Discovery (new John Martyn campus) and 1 at Kenner Discovery (Maine Avenue Campus).
Applications are expected to open Friday, March 5th. To learn more about applying to the LA 4 program, visit the Jefferson Parish Public Schools Systems pre-kindergarten website.
LA 4 students who are accepted to Discovery via the JPPSS process will be eligible to remain at Discovery for Kindergarten without entering Discovery’s application and lottery process.
Eligible Ochsner employees are welcomed and encouraged to apply to the LA 4 program.
OCHSNER PRE-K 4
- One class of Pre-K 4 will available at Dr. John Ochsner Discovery Health Sciences Academy (DJOD) to students who have a parent who is a full-time or part-time Ochsner employee working at least 24 hours per week and in good standing, as determined by Ochsner's Human Resource department. This will be audited several times prior to the school year starting.
- If there are more applicants than available seats, all applicants will be entered into an admissions lottery.
- The application will be available at discoveryapplication.com
- Discovery’s Pre-K program is the only program that is tuition-based. The Pre-K tuition for the 2021-22 school year is $5,400 ($600/month for 9 months). Upon acceptance, a $200 deposit is required to hold the seat. This payment goes towards the tuition. Payment plans will be available through Gulf Coast Bank.
- Accepted and enrolled Pre-K students are eligible to go to Kindergarten the following year without re-entering the lottery process as long as the parent remains a full-time or part-time Ochsner employee working at least 24 hours per week and in good standing, as determined by Ochsner's Human Resource department.